About mailing lists
You can use cPanel to create, modify, and delete mailing lists for your web site. Using a mailing list, you can send one message to many recipients at the same time. For example, you might create an
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list that you use to send a message to all of your customers at once.
Creating a mailing list
To create a mailing list in cPanel, follow these steps:
- In the Mail section of the cPanel home screen, click Mailing Lists.
- In the List Name text box, type the mailing list name that you want.
- In the Password text box, type the mailing list password that you want.
- In the Password (again) text box, retype the mailing list password
- Under Access Type, select Public or Private:
- Public mailing lists have public archives, anyone can subscribe, and the list is advertised on the Mailman page.
- Private mailing lists have private archives, an administrator must approve new subscribers, and the list is not advertised on the Mailman page